Friday, March 16, 2012

Lasagna








This Is my attempt at Lasagna  With fresh pasta, Like most the the things I try for this blog, This was a learning Experience.

I used the same pasta from ( This Post) and the sauce I made for that post aswell

Pasta Ingredients:
1# Ap Flour
4-6 Eggs Depending on size( I used Eggs from our chickens , they are small so I used 5 and an extra yolk



Start by  Making a well in the Flour and beating your eggs

 After you have it all mixed up  wrap it in plastic and Let it rest for a bit

 Mix up the Cheese Mixture, it's a quart of Ricotta, I added Garlic powder, and Italian herbs  and an egg mix it alll together and keep to the side.




The lasagna pasta rolls out the same way  as the other pasta I made,   roll it out a bit by hand  then if you have one run it through your pasta machine on the highest number a few times  then go down one number ... etc My roller ranges from 7-1  I stop at 2





Make sure the past is  floured so it doesn't stick to the rollers, especially when it's  thin



first run of pasta through the Lasagna Cutter  attachment on my machine , this cuts way smaller pasta than normal , I cut them long , next time I'd cut them to 13inches  so they'd fit perfectly in the pan







Goin for the longest run of pasta i've tried !






 I layed down some hot  sauce first in the pan (it's my bolognese  with some added mushrooms and peppers)



Then a Layer of fresh pasta, It will cook through in the oven so no need to precook it, If I were to make this again I'd  double the amount of sauce and I would thin it out a bit. with the amount of sauce I had and how much the Noodles absorbed cooking, This lasagna was  lacking sauce after the pasta layer the riccota mixture on top in spoonfuls then smoothing out



keep alternating sauce then noodles then cheese mixture  when I got the last layer of pasta I combined the little sauce I had with the cheese  and made that the  top layer

Then I added Shredded mozz  so  the top got all brown and goooey cheesy tasty



With the pre-rolled pasta I didn't need  for lasagna and ran it through the angel hair  blade on my machine,  cooked it off, and oiled it so it could be eaten another day.




Finished Lasagna!    I forget how long it took  but I cooked it at 350  for 30-45ish... then heated the cheese under the broiler to get it all  delicious!!!!



corner Piece !!!   It was pretty tasty!  it could have used a lil more  sauce Like I mentioned before...



No comments:

Post a Comment